In the present study, influence of earthquake intensity range on seismic fragility analysis of a RC bridge has been evaluated. For this purpose, a RC bridge damaged by a past earthquake has been selected, and analytical model of the bridge has been developed for nonlinear dynamic time-history analysis. A total of 25 recorded earthquake motions have been employed for the nonlinear analysis from which maximum lateral drift ratio of piers are obtained. Then, seismic fragility analysis has been conducted for the bridge using the nonlinear analysis results. Probability of exceeding damage has been computed in terms of using the maximum likelihood estimation, and effect of earthquake intensity range of the motions on seismic fragility curves has been assessed analytically. Analytical predictions indicate that the earthquake intensity range is of utmost significance for rationale seismic fragility analysis reflecting a physical damage state of a bridge and seismic performance evaluation of such bridge.
이 연구에서는 지진강도의 범위가 철근콘크리트 교량의 지진취약도 해석에 미치는 영향을 평가하였다. 이 목적을 위해 과거 지진에 의해 손상된 철근콘크리트 교량을 선택하여 비선형 동적 시간이력해석모델을 개발하였다. 총 25개의 계측지진파에 대해 비선형 동적 시간이력해석을 수행하여 교각의 최대 수평변위비를 구한 후, 이 결과를 이용하여 지진취약도 해석을 수행하였다. 지진취약도 해석에서는 최우도법을 사용하여 손상초과확률을 계산하였고, 계측지진파의 지진강도 범위가 지진취약도 곡선에 미치는 영향을 해석적으로 검토하였다. 예측된 해석결과, 실제 교량의 물리적인 손상상태를 반영할 수 있는 합리적인 지진취약도 해석 및 내진성능평가를 위해서는 계측지진파의 지진강도 범위가 매우 중요함을 알 수 있었다.
- Dutta, A. (1999). On Energy Based Seismic Analysis and Design of Highway Bridges, Ph.D. thesis, State University of New York at Buffalo, USA.
- Elnashai, A. S., Bommer, J. J., Baron, C. I., Lee, D. H. and Salama, A. I. (1995). Selected Engineering Seismology and Structural Engineering Studies of the Hyogo-ken Nanbu (Great Hanshin) Earthquake of 17 January 1995. ESEE Research Report, No. 95/2, Imperial College, London.
- Elnashai, A. S., Papanikolaou, V. and Lee, D. H. (2001). ZeusNL - A Program for Inelastic Dynamic Analysis of Structures. MAE Center, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA.
- HAZUS (1999). User’s Manual. Washington, D. C. : Federal Emergency Management Agency, USA.
- Japan Road Association (1990). “Specifications for highway bridges Part V: Seismic design 1990.” Tokyo, Japan.
- Jeon, J. M., Shin, J. K., Shim, J. Y. and Lee, D. H. (2014). “Seismic fragility analysis of reinforced cocnrete bridge piers according to damage state.” Journal of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, Vol. 34, No. 6, pp. 1695-1705 (in Korean).10.12652/Ksce.2014.34.6.1695
- Kim, J. C., Byeon, J. S. and Shin, S. B. (2008). “Seismic fragility analysis of a FCM bridge considering soil properties.” Journal of the Earthquake Engineering Society of Korea, Vol. 12, No. 3, pp. 37-44 (in Korean).10.5000/EESK.2008.12.3.037
- Kim, S. H., Yi, J. H. and Kim, H. K. (2004). “Evaluation of capacity spectrum methods for seismic fragility analysis of bridges.” Journal of the Earthquake Engineering Society of Korea, Vol. 8, No. 1, pp. 67-76 (in Korean).10.5000/EESK.2004.8.1.067
- Koh, H. M., Lee, J. H. and Kang, J. W. (2003). “Seismic damage evaluation of reinforced concrete pier based on a plastic damage model.” Journal of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, Vol. 23, No. 5, pp. 1029-1039 (in Korean).
- Lee, D. H. and Jeon, J. S. (2016). “Seismic performance assessment of a mid-rise RC building subjected to 2016 Gyeongju earthquake.” Journal of the Earthquake Engineering Society of Korea, Vol. 20, No. 7, pp. 473-483 (in Korean). 10.5000/EESK.2016.20.7.473
- Lee, D. H., Choi, E. and Zi, G. (2005). “Evaluation of earthquake deformation and performance for RC bridge piers.” Engineering Structures, Vol. 27, pp. 1451-1464.10.1016/j.engstruct.2005.04.009
- Lee, D. H., Shim, J. Y. and Jeon, J.-S. (2016). “Damage potential of a domestic metropolitan railway bridge subjected to 2016 Gyeongju earthquake.” Journal of the Earthquake Engineering Society of Korea, Vol. 20, No. 7, pp. 461-472 (in Korean). 10.5000/EESK.2016.20.7.461
- Mander, J. B., Priestley, M. J. N. and Park, R. (1988). “Theoretical stress-strain model for confined concrete.” Journal of Structural Engineering, ASCE, Vol. 114, No. 5, pp. 1804-1826.10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(1988)114:8(1804)
- Martines-Rueda, J. E. and Elnashai, A. S. (1997). “Confined concrete model under cycling loading.” Materials and Structures, Vol. 30, pp. 139-147.10.1007/BF02486385
- National Institute for Disaster Prevention (2007). Development of Seismic Fragility Functions for Bridge Structures in Korea. Report No. NIDP-PR-2006-02-01, Korea.
- Shinozuka, M., Feng, M. Q., Kim, H. K. and Kim, S. H. (2000). “Nonlinear static procedure for fragility curve development.” Journal of Engineering Mechanics, Vol. 126, No. 12, pp. 1287-1295.10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9399(2000)126:12(1287)
- Yi, J. H., Youn, J. Y., Kim, S. H. and Yun, C. B. (2004). “Seismic risk assessment of bridges using fragility analysis.” Proc. of KSCE 2004 Conf, pp. 230-235.