Urban safety has not been substantially considered in urban regeneration projects, although there is increasing interest in safety issues lately. However, there is limited research on the safety of port hinterland residential areas. Therefore, this study 1)selects appropriate safety indicators, and 2)identifies the most vulnerable sites in Dong-gu and Nam-gu in Busan using ArcGIS. 3)Lastly, our study asks residents of the selected sites to examine their awareness of the urban regeneration projects occurring in the vicinity. The respondents are fairly well aware of the ongoing urban regeneration projects, the effect of which on the improvement of safety are thought to be negative. The weakest point they indicated was accidents regarding aged buildings, and they also care more about life safety than natural hazard. These findings must be taken into account in the next urban regeneration projects in the Dong-gu and Nam-gu area.
최근 안전에 대한 관심이 높아지고 있으나, 도시재생 사업에서 안전에 대한 고려는 충분히 이루어지지 못하고 있다. 본 연구에서는 부산시 동구와 남구를 대상으로 재해와 생활안전 지표들을 선택적으로 적용하여 안전 취약성을 분석하고, 주민의 도시재생 및 주거지 안전에 대한 인식을 조사·분석하였다. 분석 결과, 동구 범일2, 5동과 남구 감만동이 안전에 가장 취약한 것으로 드러났다. 도시재생사업에 대한 주민들의 인지도는 비교적 높았으나 안전성 개선효과에 대해서는 부정적이었다. 최우선적으로 개선되어야 할 영역으로는 노후건물관련사고를 꼽았으며, 자연재해보다는 생활안전사고에 더욱 취약하다고 평가하였다. 향후의 도시재생사업에서는 이러한 연구결과와 지역별로 취약한 재해·사고유형이 필수적으로 반영되어야 할 것이다.
- Busan Development Institute (2015). A study of development of urban management indexes (in Korean).
- Jung, Y. N., Lee, G. W. and Kim, S. Y. (2009). “A study on application of crime prevention in urban regeneration - focused on the cases of BID.” Journal of the Urban Design Institute of Korea, Urban Design Institute of Korea, Vol. 10, No. 3, pp. 195-210 (in Korean).
- Kang, S. B. (2014). A study using mixed ANP technique to develop the safety evaluation system in the U-city, Ph.D. Dissertation, Hansei University.
- Kang, Y. S. (2007). “A study on indicators for disaster prevention in developing urban master plan.” Journal of the Korea Planning Association, Korea Planning Association, Vol. 42, No. 2, pp. 17-29 (in Korean).
- Kim, D. S. (2017). “GIS-based study on residential and neighboring environment and residents’ social exclusion in slum area.” Journal of the Korea Contents Association, The Korea Contents Association, Vol. 17, No. 8, pp. 209-225 (in Korean).
- Kim, H. B. (2017). “A study on the construction method of safety city.” Proceeding of Summer Annual Conference of KAPA 2017, The Korean Association for Public Administration, pp. 2099-2132 (in Korean).
- Kim, H. G., Lee, J. P., Ha, T. Y. and Lee, J. Y. (2012). “A study on impacts of port accidents & disasters and responsive measures.” Korea Maritime Institute Research Report, Korea Maritime Institute, pp. 1-192 (in Korean).
- Lee, D. H. (2017). “Classification and management of residential environment management project in Busan Metropolitan City.” Busan Development Forum, Busan Development Institute, Vol. 167, pp. 101-104 (in Korean).
- National Disaster Management Research Institute (2013). Development of Evaluation and Diagnosis Methods of Safer City (in Korean).
- Park, S. Y. and Lee, H. S. (2013), “A study on the residents’ sense of safety toward Maeul-mandeulgi.” Proceeding of Autumn Annual Conference of KHA, Korean Housing Association, pp. 155-160 (in Korean).
- The Seoul Institute (2015). A Study on Urban Safety Indicators for Seoul (in Korean).
- Yoon, S. S., Kim, K. S., Jung, J. H., Ahn, Y. S. and Park, H. M. (2015). “A study on coastal safety assessment measures against natural disaster.” Korea Maritime Institute Research Report, Korea Maritime Institute, pp. 1-195 (in Korean).