This study presents a geographic information system based dump truck route exploring system (DRES) which provides construction managers and hauling operators with efficient route information that can improve earthmoving productivity by reducing hauling time. The system is comprised of Network Analyst from Esri as a route exploring engine and a network data model. The network data model includes information on weight limit of bridges, height limit of pedestrian overpasses, and one way that impedes dump trucks’ hauling efficiency. A construction manager is expected to input origin and destination point in the user interface, and the system generates an efficient route that avoids bridges with weight limit or pedestrian overpasses with height limit. The system was applied to a real earthmoving project to test its applicability, and it was found that the system functions as intended.
본 연구에서는 건설관리자 및 덤프트럭 운전자에게 효율적인 토사 운반경로 정보를 제공하기 위한 ‘덤프트럭 운반경로 탐색 시스템(DRES)’을 구축하였다. 이 시스템은 Esri사에서 제공하는 ‘네트워크 애널리스트(Network Analyst)’를 분석 엔진으로 탑재하고 있으며, 경로 데이터는 네트워크 데이터 모델을 활용한다. DRES는 사용자가 출발지(현장)와 목적지(사토장 혹은 토취장)를 선정하면 덤프트럭이 효율적으로 운행할 수 있는 경로를 도출해내도록 구현되었다. 이 경로는 덤프트럭의 운행이 금지된, 제한중량이 있는 교량이나 높이제한이 있는 육교 등을 우회하여 생성된다. 개발한 DRES를 사례 현장에 적용한 결과 운행 제약 조건들을 회피하는 경로를 도출하여 운전자에게 더욱 효율적인 경로 정보를 제공하는 것으로 나타났다.
- biz-gis.com, Explanations of using ArcGIS Network Analyst, http:// www.biz-gis.com/index.php?document_srl=35233&mid=paper (Access: 2017.1.19.).
- Choi, Y. S., Park, H. D., Choon, S. W. and Clarke, K. C. (2009). “Multi-criteria evaluation and least-cost path analysis for optimal haulage routing of dump trucks in large scale open-pit mines.” International Journal of Geographic Information Science, Vol. 23, No. 12, pp. 1541-1567.
- Enforcement Rule of the Road Traffic, Article 19, http://likms. assembly.go.kr/law/lawsLawtInqyDetl1010.do#%EC%A0%9C3%EC%9E%A5%EC%A0%9C19%EC%A1%B0 (Access: 2017.6.8.).
- Esri Inc. (2017). ArcGIS Desktop 10.5. [Computer Software].
- Jung, S. W. and Kwon, S. W. (2011). “USN technologies decision making matrix for the efficiency management of earthwork selection.” Korean Journal of Construction Engineering and Management (Korean), Vol. 12, No. 5, pp. 55-62.
- Kang, S. H,. Baek, K. G., Baek, H. G. and Seo, J. W. (2010) “A GIS-Based planning methodology to determine the haul route layout in complex construction projects.” Journal of Korean Society of Civil Engineers (Korean), Vol. 30, No. 6D, pp. 631-639.
- Kang, S. H. and Seo, J. W. (2013). “GIS method for haul road layout planning in large earthmoving projects: framework and analysis.” Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, Vol. 139, No. 2, pp. 234-246.
- KICT (Korea Institute of Civil Engineering and Building Technology), Road Bridge and Tunnel Status Information System, Available at: http://bti.kict.re.kr/bti/ (Access: 2017.1.12.).
- KTDB (Korea Transport Database), Available at: https://www.ktdb.go.kr/ www/addPbldataReqstData.do?key=202&clTy=1(Access: 2017. 1.12).
- Lee, S. H., Son, J. H., Pyeon, J. H. and Lee, S. H. (2016). “Developing an optimization model and program for planning the earthwork based upon transportation theory.” Korean Journal of Construction Engineering and Management (Korean), Vol. 17, No. 1, pp. 101-109.
- Lee, S. S., Kim, J. H., Kang, S. H. and Seo, J. W. (2008). “Development of task planning system for intelligent excavating system applying heuristics.” Journal of The Korean Society of Civil Engineers (Korean), Vol. 28, No. 6D, pp. 859-869.
- MAPPERS Corp. (2016). ATLAN TRUCK HS-9001 [Devices for Navigation].
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport (MOLIT) and Intelligent Transportation Systems Standard Node Link(ITS), National standard node link, Available at: https://nodelink.its.go.kr/data/ data01_view.aspx?Fileno=94 (Access: 2017.1.12.).
- Mok, D. H. (2018). “[Zoom in Songdo] ‘Restricted traffic’ in Songdo International City due to constant complaints.” The Kyeongin Ilbo, July 7, Available at: http://www.kyeongin.com/main/view. php?key=20180706010002304 (Access: 2018.7.19.).
- Oh, K. S. and Jung, S. H. (2013). GIS and Urban Analysis-Chapter17 (Network Analysis), HanulMPlus Inc., Republic of Korea.
- Seo, J. W. and Kang, S. H. (2006) “Geographic information system based roadway construction planning.” Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering, Vol. 33, pp. 508-520.
- Won, S. K., Kim, S. K. and Han, C. H. (2007). “A combination model of earthwork equipment using system dynamics.” Korean Journal of Construction Engineering and Management (Korean), Vol. 8, No. 2, pp. 194-202.
- Yoo, H. S., Park, J. W., Choi, Y. N. and Kim, Y. S. (2011). “Object detection from 3D terrain data gener ated by laser scanner of intelligent excavating system (IES).” Korean Journal of Construction Engineering and Management (Korean), Vol. 12, No. 6, pp. 130-141.