This study deals with Turbo-Roundabout of Special-Roundabouts. Recently, many rotary intersections are being constructed in Korea, but the effect of the rotary intersection depends on the total entrance traffic volume and the area of the paper. The purpose of this study is to analyze the operation and accident reduction effect of turning traffic signal intersection with small traffic volume into turbo - type turning intersection. The main results are as follows. First, when the traffic volume of the main road is high, the traffic volume of the subway is less than 10 ~ 15%, or when the left turn ratio is less than 30%, it is improved when switching to the turbo type turn intersection instead of the first turn type and second turn type turn intersection Was analyzed. Second, it is considered that turbo type rotary intersection is more effective than first - type rotary intersection, and it is more effective in increasing road capacity because the area of paper is smaller than that of second - order rotary intersection. Third, the number of traffic accidents decreased by 45.9% and the number of injured persons decreased by 76.5% after the conversion of the turnover type turnover to turbo type. 100%), the number of car accidents was 0.3, and the number of casualties was 0 (100%). Finally, the positive evaluation of the user satisfaction survey showed that the improvement in safety, accessibility, and convenience was improved by 60.4%, which was improved by 16.4% to 76.8% after the conversion to the turbo type turnover.
이 연구는 특수형 회전교차로 중 터보형 회전교차로를 다루고 있다. 최근 많은 회전교차로가 국내에 건설되고 있으나, 회전교차로의 효과는 총 진입교통량과 용지면적에 달려 있다. 이 연구의 목적은 부도로 교통량이 매우 작은 신호교차로를 터보형 회전교차로로 전환함에 따른 운영 및 사고감소 효과를 분석하는데 있다. 주요 연구결과는 다음과 같다. 첫째, 주도로의 교통량 비율이 높고, 부도로의 교통량이 10~15% 이하인 경우나 좌회전 비율이 30% 이하로 적을 경우 1차로형 및 2차로형 회전교차로 보다는 터보형 회전교차로로 전환할 경우 개선효과가 있는 것으로 분석되었다. 둘째, 1차로형 회전교차로에 비해 터보형 회전교차로는 지체감소효과가 매우 높고, 2차로형 회전교차로에 비해 용지 면적이 적어 도로용량의 증대에도 더욱 효율적인 것으로 판단된다. 셋째, 터보형 회전교차로 전환설치 후 교통사고 건수는 45.9%, 부상자수는 76.5%가 감소하였고, 사고유형별로 차대사람 사고가 2.3명에서 2명(14.3%), 차대차 사고가 14.3명에서 0명(100%), 차량단독 사고가 0.3명에서 사상자가 0명(100%)으로 분석되었다. 마지막으로 이용자 만족도 조사 결과 긍정적인 평가는 60.4%에서 터보형 회전교차로 전환설치 후 76.8%로 약 16.4%가 향상되어 안전성, 접근성, 편의성 등에 대한 개선효과가 높은 것으로 분석되었다.
- Bruce Robinson, Elizabeth Wemple, and Jamcs Colyar (1997). City of Portland Speed Bump Peer Review, Kittelson & Associates, inc., City of Portland, Bureau of Traffic Management.
- Dan Smith, Shauna Hallmark, Keith Knapp, and Gary Thomas (2002). Temporary Speed Hump Impact Evaluation, CTRE Project 00-73 final report, IOWA Department of Transportation, Center for Transportation Research and Education Iowa State University.
- Department for Transport (2007). Traffic Calming.
- Institute of Transportation Engineers (2011). Guidelines for the Design and Application of Speed Hump and Speed Tables.
- Jang, K. H. (2014). A Study on Operation and Safety Assessment of Roundabout Types, Master’s degree dissertation, University of Ajou.
- Kim, C. (2005). “A study on the relationship between road design, operating and posted speeds.” Journal of Korean Society of Transportation, Vol. 23, No. 7 (in Korean).
- Lim, C. S. and Choi, Y. W. (2013). “An analysis of velocity patterns and improvement effect after application of domestic rouandabout design guidelines.” Journal of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, Vol. 33, No. 1, pp. 305-316 (in Korean).
- Lim, J. K., Park, N. Y. and Park, B. H. (2017). “Simulated operational efficiency analysis of special roundabouts.” International Journal of Highway Engineering, Vol. 19, No. 1, pp. 81-90.
- Los Angeles County (2011). Model Design Manual for Living Streets.
- Mauro, R. and Branco, F. (2009). “Comparative Traffic Operational Analysis Between Turbo Roundabouts and Roundabouts,” Transportation Research broard 88th Annual Metting, Washington DC, January 2009.
- Mauro, R. and Cattani, M. (2010). “Potential Accident Rate of Turbo Roundabouts,” 4th TRB International Symposium on Highway Geometric Design, Valencia, Spain, June 2010.
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport (2014). Roundabout Design Guideline.
- Ministry of Land, Transport and Mraitime Affairs (2011). The Guidelines for Road Safety Facilities Installation and Management.
- Song, K. S. (2011). Evaluation and Application of Turbo Roundabout asvan Alternative to Two-lane Roundabouts, Ph.D. Dissertation, University of Ajou.
- Tollazzi, T., Jovanovic, and Rencelj, M. (2013). “New type of roundabout : dual one-lain roundabouts on two levels with right-hand turning bypasses - ‘target roundabout’ -.” Traffic & Transportation, Vol. 25, No. 5, pp. 475-481.
- Tollazzi, T., Rencelj, M. and Turnsek, S. (2011). “Slovenian experiences with alternative types of roundabouts - ‘Turbo’ and ‘Flower’ Roundabout-.” Environmental Engineering 8th International Conference, pp. 1220-1226.