An electric vehicle is emerging as an alternative to the response of global climate change and sustainability. However, an Electric vehicle has not been popular due to the constraints such as its price or technical limitations. In order to analyze the effect of purchasing electric vehicles, this study conducted a binary logistic regression model that demonstrates the relation between purchasing and influencing variables. Variables which have high correlation were excluded from the model through the correlation analysis to prevent multicollinearity. Socio-economic variables such as the number of owned vehicles, sex, ages are not significant. On the other hand, Variables related to prices, charging and policy are found to have a significant to effect on the purchase of electric vehicles. In accordance with the model estimated result, it seems to be necessary to improve the charging incentives, or to provide electric car information and to expand opportunities for experience electric vehicles. The result is also expected to be helpful for spreading electric vehicles and formulating policies.
전 세계적으로 자동차 시장은 전기차, 수소차와 같은 친환경 차량의 도입이 추진되고 있다. 그러나 내연기관 차량 대비 고가의 차량가격, 제한적인 주행거리 등의 단점은 친환경 차량 확대에 장애요인이 되고 있다. 이에 본 연구에서는 친환경 차량인 전기차 구매에 미치는 영향요인을 분석하기 위해 이항 로지스틱 회귀 모형을 구축하였다. 모형의 종속변수는 구매의사 여부, 독립변수는 사회 경제적 변수와 전기차 구매에 영향을 미치는 특성변수로 설정하였으며, 다중공선성 문제를 해결하기 위해 독립변수 간 상관관계를 분석하여 상관계수가 높은 변수들을 제외하였다. 분석결과, 사회경제적변수인 차량보유대수, 성별, 나이는 유의한 영향을 미치지 않는 것으로 나타났다. 반면, 차량가격에 영향을 미치는 변수와 전기차 충전과 관련된 변수, 전기차 정책 및 시승정보 제공 부족 변수는 전기차 구매에 유의한 영향을 미치는 것으로 나타났다. 이를 통해 향후 전기차 보급과 관련된 정책 입안 시 전기차의 가격 결정과 찾아가는 전기차 충전 서비스 운영 등 충전 불편 해소 방안, 전기차에 대한 정보 제공 및 시승기회 확대 등의 정책을 추진하는 것이 바람직할 것으로 보인다. 본 연구 결과는 지자체 전기차 보급 활성화 및 정책 수립에 도움이 될 것으로 기대된다.
- Chu, W. J., Im, M. J. and Song, M. R. (2017). “Review and empirical analysis on factors influencing purchase intention of electric vehicles in Korea : the role of consumer psychological characteristics.” Journal of Consumer studies, 2017.12, Vol. 28, No. 6, pp. 97-127 (in Korean).
- Cohen, J., Cohen, P., West, S. and Aiken, L. S. (2003). “Applied multiple regression / correlation analysis for the behavioural sciences.” Manhwah, NJ:Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, 3rd Edition.
- Hahn, J. S. and Lee, J. H. (2018). “Market segmented analysis of electric vehicle purchasing behavior in Seoul.” Journal of Korean Society of Transportation, Vol. 36, No. 2, pp. 130-140 (in Korean).
- Hosmer, D. and Lemeshow, S. (2000). “Applied logistic regression.” New York, John Wiley & Sons.
- Hosmer, D. and Lemshow, S. (2000). “Applied logistic regression.” A Wiley-Interscience Publication, 2nd Edition.
- Janquera, B., Moreno, B. and Alvarez, R. (2016). “Analyzing consumer attitudes towards electric vehicle purchasing intentions in Spain: Technological limitations and vehicle confidence.” Technological Forecasting and Social Change, 2016. 08, Vol. 109, pp. 6-14.
- Kim, J. H., Choi, K. C. and Kim, S. H. (2015). “Perceived features of cycling and value of public bike system.” Journal of Korean Society of Transportation, Vol. 33, No. 2, pp. 125-135 (in Korean).
- Kim, S. H. (2017). “The medium and long-term driving strategy for expansion of electric vehicle.” Suwon research institute (in Korean).
- Kim, Y. H. and Lee, J. S. (2015). “Study on the application of V2G for electric vehicles in Korea using toral cost of ownership analysis.” Journal of Energy Engineering, Vol. 24, No. 2, pp. 129-143 (in Korean).
- Kwon, O. S., Kim, Y. G. and Jung, J. H. (2012). “Analyzing the impacts of a bonus-malus system for new cars using a discrete- continuous choice model.” Journal of Korea Environmental Economics Association, Vol. 2012, pp. 1-28 (in Korean).
- Lai, I. K. W., Liu, Y., Sun, X., Zhang, H. and Xu, W. (2015). “Factors influencing the behavioural intention towards full electric vehicles : an empirical study in macau.” Sustatinability, 2015. 09, Vol. 7, No. 9, pp. 12564-12585.
- Lee, K. J. and Choi, K. C. (2010). “A bike mode share estimation and analysis of the bike demand factor effects.” Journal of Korean society of Transportation, 2010. 6, Vol. 28, No. 3, pp. 145-155 (in Korean).
- Lieven, T., Mühlmeier, S., Henkel, S. and Johann, F. W. (2011). “Who will buy electric cars? an empirical study in germany.” Transporation Research Part D : Transport and Environment, 2011.01, Vol. 16, No. 3, pp. 236-243.
- Matjaz, K., Borut, J. and Matevz, O. (2014). “Factors influencing the purchasing decisions of low emission cars: a study of slovenia.” Transportation Research Part D : Transportation and Environment, 2014. 05, Vol. 30, pp. 53-61.
- Park, S. J. and Kim, S. S. (2007). “A nested logit model of auto ownership and vehicle type choice.” Journal of Korean Society of Transportation, Vol. 25, No. 1, pp. 133-141 (in Korean).
- Wang, N. and Liu, Y. (2015). Key factors influencing consumers’ willingness to purchase electric vehicles in China, The 28th International Electric Vehicle Symposium and Exhibition.
- Zhang, Y., Yu, Y. and Zou, B. (2011). “Analyzing public awareness and acceptance of alternative fuel vehicles in China: The case of EV.” Energy Policy, 2011. 11, Vol. 39, No. 11, pp. 7015-7024.