The purpose of this study is to propose a rational and scientific damage calculation model in relation to damages caused by bid rigging in construction projects. Previous studies and precedents in relation to calculating damages from bid rigging suggest that the main issue was the lack of consideration in standards for deciding successful bids, selection of inadequate standard comparative markets, insufficiency in analyzing the appropriateness of competitive bid price influence factors, and absence of calculation model verification. In order to improve on these issues, a damage calculation method on alternative tenders for construction projects was proposed. For this calculation model, first, a standard market adequate to the successful bid selection standards was determined, second, an appropriate factor was selected by analyzing the correlation between competitive bid price influence factors, and third, a regression analysis was conducted on the selected factor. Lastly, this was demonstrated through verification of appropriateness, significance & normality of the proposed model and application of actual bid rigging cases. Through the proposed calculation model, this study seeks to serve as a base to prevent opportunity damages for parties involved in related court cases by early resolution of disputes and relief from issues of unfair damage burdens on a particular party.
본 연구는 건설공사 입찰담합으로 인한 손해액 산정에 대하여 합리적이고 과학적인 산정모델을 제시하는데 목적이 있다. 입찰담합 손해액 산정에 대한 선행 연구 및 판결 사례 등을 검토한 결과, 대표적인 문제점으로 낙찰자 결정기준 등의 특성에 대한 충분한 고려가 부족하고 부적정한 비교표준시장의 선택, 가상경쟁가격 영향 인자의 적정성 검토 부족 및 산정모델에 대한 검증의 결여 등이 나타났다. 이러한 문제점을 개선하기 위하여 대안입찰공사를 대상으로 한 손해액 산정모델을 제시하였다. 산정모델은 첫째, 낙찰자 결정기준 등에 부합하는 표준시장을 선정하고 둘째, 가상경쟁가격의 영향 인자에 대한 상관관계를 분석 적합인자를 선택하였으며 셋째, 선택 인자의 회귀분석을 활용하여 모델을 도출하였다. 마지막으로, 제시한 모델에 대한 적합성, 유의성 및 정규성 등의 검증과 실제 담합 사례를 적용하여 실증하였다. 본 연구에서 제시한 산정모델을 통하여 소송 당사자 일방에게 부당한 손해액 부담의 문제점을 해소하고 분쟁을 조기에 해결하게 하여 관계자 모두의 기회손실 등을 방지하는데 기초가 되고자 한다.
- Albertus van Niekerk (2015). “Calculating cartel follow-on damages (general considerations as well as application to south african construction sector).” Paper prepared for the First Annual Competition and Economic Regulation (Acer) Week 20 & 21 March 2015.
- Damodar, N. G. and Dawn, C. P. (Translated by Park, W. G. and Hong, S. P.) (2009). “Gujarati's econometrics.” 5th Edition, Jiphil Media.
- David, R. A., Dennis, J. S. and Thomas, A. W. (Translated by Ryu, G. Y., Kim, C. G., Choi, S. E., Kim, M. J. and Lee, S. C.) (2016). Essentials of Modern Business Statistics with Microsoft Excel, 6th Edition, Hanol.
- Hong, D. P. (2008). “Economic review on the damage estimation methods.” Korea Law & Economics Association, Korean journal of law and economics, Vol. 5, No. 2, pp. 255-273 (in Korean).
- Incheon District Court (2015). Sentence, 2010GaHap19149 Damage Suit (Gi) Decision (in Korean).
- James, A. B. and Thomas, W. R. (2006). “Estimating damages from price-fixing.” Litigating Conspiracy: An Analysis of Competition Class Actions, Irwin Law, pp. 335-369.
- Jeffrey, H. H. and David, K. (1989). “Proof of damages in construction industry bid-rigging case.” 34 Antitrust Bull, pp. 359-393.
- John, M. K. and Johnson, S. R. (1984). “Estimating damages on highway construction contracts.” 29 The antitrust bulletin, pp. 719-738.
- Kim, B. S. (2016). 2015Gahap54730 Compensation for Damages(Gi), Economic Damage Calculation on Bid Rigging & Collusion in Relation to the TP Treatment Facility Installation for No. 1·2 Sewage Treatment Plants in Gwangju, Gwangju District Court.
- Lee, I. H. (2017). A Study on the Calculation of Damages from Public Works Bid Rigging, Seoul National University, Department of Economics.
- Lee, I. K. and Hahn, K. D. (2002). “Bid-rigging in auction for Korean public-works contract and damage estimation.” Journal of Economics Research, Vol. 50, No. 1, pp. 275-302.
- Min, B. U. and Park, H. K. (2017). “A study on the improvement method on calculating the damages caused by the bid rigging in the construction work.” Journal of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, Vol. 37, No. 6, pp. 1053-1061 (in Korean).
- Park, J. P. (2015). Assessing of damages caused by the bid collusion based on Seoul Metro 7th Line construction project, Master of Graduate School of Engineering Hanyang University (in Korean).
- Paul Teetor (Translated by Lee, J. W.) (2012). R Cookbook, Proven Recipes for Data Analysis, Statistics, and Graphics, Insight.
- Ryu, K. K. and Oh, S. A. (2010). “Antitrust damage estimation in multiple bid-rigging cases.” Korea Association of Applied Econonics, Korea Review of Applied Economics, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 87-112.
- Seoul Central District Court (2007). Sentence, 2001GaHap 10682 Damage Suit (Gi) Decision (in Korean).
- Seoul Central District Court (2014). Sentence, 2011GaHap 26204 Damage Suit (Gi) Decision (in Korean).
- Seoul High Court (2016). Sentence, 2015Na10143 Damage Suit (Gi) Decision (in Korean).
- Srabana, G. (2001). “The effect of bid rigging on prices: A study of the highway construction industry.” Review of Industrial Organization, Vol. 19, No. 4, pp. 453-467.
- The Supreme Court (2011). Sentence, 2010Da18850 Damage Suit (Gi) Decision (in Korean).
- The Supreme Court (2012). Sentence, 2010Da93790 Damage Suit (Gi) Decision (in Korean).